terça-feira, 27 de outubro de 2009

Joseph the beggar


To a single handful of friends, he is merely known as Joseph, but in his street, he’s known as ‘the beggar’. In the corner of the 2nd with Welsh, although he asks for money, he does not beg for it and, to all that pass by him, the strange feeling of self petty is common. It's as if the ones that passed, were the same standing... waiting.
I to felt the glowing aura of sadness of the self-conscience bearer, with the capacity of affecting all just by looking.
I would never forget the day that I met Joseph. He had a sign that said: “Do you wanna support love?”
The immediate thought of conversation crossed my mind, so, I interpolated him:
-That’s a nice Shakespearian way of putting things … and how much does it cost to support your love?
-Priceless, young sir.
-Let’s be a little more realistic, shall we?
-By all means kind sir...
-How much does a pound support your love?
-Sir… I would love you for that…

1 comentário:

guille disse...

I walk by you today
I did not look away
a story around every corner
the gentle art of hearing
your truth your inner spirit
no different to me
This is freedom?

Mankind is no island